General Site Terms
JT Quote provides an automated quote aggregation service to individuals and businesses (“JT Quote”) via the website www.jtquote.com (the “Site”). JT Quote is owned by JT (Jersey) Limited , registered number 83487, having its registered address at 1 The Forum, Grenville Street, St Helier, Jersey JE4 8PB (”JT”, “we”, “our”, “us”).
We would like to ensure that our customers get a quality experience. We reserve the right to suspend or cancel a customer’s access to any of our services, if the account has been inappropriately used or in the event that the use of an account is adversely affecting the service level provided to our customers as a whole.
We reserve the right to change our Terms and Conditions when necessary. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that they are up to date with our Terms and Conditions. However, we will notify customers of any important changes we feel they need to be aware of. By signing up to any of our services, customers agree to be bound to all of our Terms and Conditions.
The Terms and Conditions are outlined below and apply to all users of this domain; jtquote.com and all sub-domains related to JT Quote. If you have any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us. If you have any queries regarding these terms and conditions please telephone 01534 882641.
In order to apply for a quote using JT Quote you must enter your name, telephone number and email address on the Site, together with a reasonably accurate description of the service which you require (the “Job”). By entering your details on the Site, you are confirming that you are over eighteen (18) years old and that you will abide by these Terms and Conditions.
JT Quote allows you to apply for a quote for the Job from the third party service providers (each a “Merchant”) shown on the Site. Neither your application for a quote nor the receipt of a quote from a Merchant shall establish a binding contract between you and the Merchant for the service described in the Job.
The contract in relation to the Job as described in your quote application (or as otherwise agreed between you and a Merchant) is directly between you and the Merchant from whom you have accepted a quote. Any queries or concerns relating to the Job should be addressed to the Merchant.
Availability of the Service
We reserve the right to suspend the Site at any time for operational, regulatory, legal or other reasons. Although we make reasonable attempts to ensure the Site is available at all times, there is no guarantee that the Site will be available at all times without interruption or free from errors, bugs or viruses. We retain the right to terminate without notice your use of the Site with immediate effect if you breach any of these Terms and Conditions.
JT shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content and usage of the Site at all times, including all requests made using JT Quote and any feedback made via the Site, to determine compliance with these Terms and Conditions and any operating rules established by JT, as well as to satisfy any applicable law, regulation or authorised government request. Without limitation, JT shall have the right to reject and not forward to Merchants any quote application that it, in its sole discretion, finds to be in violation of the provisions hereof.
Furthermore, JT shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse any and all current or future access to or use of JT Quote by any person where that person, in the reasonable opinion of JT, causes or allows another to cause the misuse of JT Quote. Misuse of JT Quote shall include, but is not limited to:
- sending Merchants hoax or timewasting quote requests;
- sending Merchants abusive, defamatory, threatening, obscene or offensive material, material which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to the Merchant or any person, or material which otherwise violates the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of the Merchant or any person;
- uploading a file to the Site which contains inappropriate material in accordance with point (b) above;
- uploading a file to the Site which infringes any third party’s copyright or any other proprietary right;
- uploading any files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer;
- providing incorrect, false or another person’s personal information;
- using JT Quote other than for your own personal, non-commercial use;
- using JT Quote to contact a Merchant for any purpose other than a request for a quote;
- restricting or inhibiting any other user from using and enjoying JT Quote;
- using JT Quote for any unlawful purpose; or
- using JT Quote in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Except as expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions or as otherwise agreed with us, you may not copy, disseminate, or download any content of the Site or other Intellectual Property of JT.
JT warrants that it has the right to provide JT Quote and will use all reasonable skill and care in making JT Quote available and in ensuring its availability, but the Site is provided as it currently is and we do not guarantee that the Site will meet your expectations or requirements.
The Site is accessed via the internet and such access is solely at your own risk and subject to all applicable local, national and international laws and regulations. We do not represent that the Site is appropriate or available for use in any jurisdiction other than the Channel Islands or the United Kingdom. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for any content provided within the Site by third parties and we accept no responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise as a result of you accessing third party content. If you choose to access any of the third party websites linked to the Site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
While we take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of the Site, JT cannot accept responsibility for any loss you may incur as a result of theft, impersonation or identity fraud. We shall not under any circumstances be liable for any unforeseeable loss or any business loss, including loss of profit, which results from your use of, or your inability to use, the Site or JT Quote.
Any contract which you enter into with a Merchant as a result of a quote obtained using JT Quote or otherwise is undertaken at your own discretion and risk. It is your responsibility to ensure that you understand and agree with the relevant Merchant’s own terms and conditions before entering into any contract or other agreement with that Merchant. JT shall in no circumstances be liable to you or any other person for any loss or damage whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with a contract or any other agreement entered into between you and a Merchant.
Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions is intended to limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence, or for fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability which may not be excluded by law.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Island of Jersey and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Royal Court of Jersey. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions and the remaining portions shall continue in full force and effect.
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice. Any change will become effective immediately upon posting to the Site. By continuing to use the Site, you will be deemed to accept any such change.
If you have any queries or complaints regarding the Site and/or JT Quote, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Protection Notice
This is the data protection notice referred to in the various JT Terms and Conditions applicable to our products and services (the “Conditions“). Terms defined in the relevant Conditions shall have the same meaning in this notice unless otherwise defined in this notice.
This notice applies to any natural person (a “data subject” or “you“) entering into a Contract with JT (“we” or “us“) or in relation to whom JT receives personal information in relation to a Contract. We may update this notice at any time.
JT is a ‘data controller’. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 and the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2017 (as applicable, the “Data Protection Laws“) to notify you of the information contained in this notice.
It is important that you read this notice, together with any other data protection notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
JT will process your personal information on the following legal bases:
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party (the “contractual necessity” basis);
- it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation (other than a contract) to which JT is subject (the “legal obligation” basis);
- it is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interests (the “legitimate interests” basis) pursued by JT or a third party provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- if it is necessary to protect vital interests (life and limb) of the data subject or another person (the “vital interests” basis); or
- if it is necessary for any legal proceedings, obtaining legal advice or establishing, exercising or defending legal rights (the “legal proceedings” basis).
The purposes for which (and, in parentheses, the relevant legal bases on which) JT shall process your personal information in relation to the Contract are as follows:
- performing the Contract and providing the Service (legitimate interests and, where the data subject is a party to the Contract, contractual necessity);
- dealing with complaints or enquiries in relation to the use of the Service (legitimate interests);
- assisting the emergency services in an emergency (legitimate interests and, in some circumstances, vital interests);
- debt collection, credit referencing and preventing fraud, theft and other unlawful activity (legitimate interests); and
- compliance with applicable law or orders of a court or other body of competent jurisdiction (legal obligation).
Some of the above bases for processing will overlap and there may be several bases which justify the use of your personal information. We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform our obligations under the Contract and we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations. In such circumstances, JT may suspend the Service and/or terminate the Contract.
JT may disclose your personal information to members of the JT Group and to third party sub-contractors or agents engaged by JT for the purpose of performing the Contract and providing the Service. JT may also disclose your personal information to persons making a complaint or an enquiry in relation to the use of the Service and, in an emergency, to the emergency services. Your personal information may be shared with other communications service providers and network operators, credit reference and debt collection agencies and the appropriate authorities for the purpose of preventing fraud, theft and other unlawful activity. JT may also be legally required to share your personal information with judicial, law enforcement, regulatory and governmental bodies or agencies.
JT will not transfer your personal information outside of Jersey or the European Economic Area or to an international organisation.
JT will store your personal information for no more than 6 years after your Contract has ended.
Under the Data Protection Laws, you will have the right in certain circumstances to:
- request access to your personal information (commonly known as a ‘data subject access request’). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information held about you and to check that it is being lawfully processed;
- request correction of your personal information. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information held about you corrected;
- request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You will also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below);
- object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it; and
- request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you wish to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal information, or request the transfer of your personal information to another party, you should contact JT in writing. JT has appointed a data protection officer who may be contacted at email@example.com. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if the request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We do not envisage that any decisions will be taken about you using automated means, however we will notify you in writing if this position changes.
Under the Data Protection Laws, you will have the right to make a complaint at any time to either the Jersey or Guernsey Data Protection Authority, the Island’s respective supervisory authorities for data protection issues.
Your Right to Object
It is important that you understand that you have a right to object to us processing your personal information where we do so exclusively on the basis of legitimate interests. As set out above, this applies to where we are processing your data for the purposes of:
- performing a Contract to which you are not a party
- dealing with complaints or enquiries in relation to the use of the Service
- assisting the emergency services where there is no risk to life or limb
- debt collection, credit referencing and preventing fraud, theft and other unlawful activity